Wednesday, August 13, 2008
1/2 cup melted butter/oil
1 cup fresh milk
1 tsp salt
4 tsps baking powder
3 1/2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
2 cups chopped fresh fruits/raisin
Preheat oven 190 degree celcius.
In large bowl mix the flour mixture with sugar. Toss in chopped fruits and stir to coat with flour. Pour in milk mixture and stir well.
Fill batter in muffin liners and bake for 20-25 minutes.
I made these for Emmir, my friend, Sheila's daughter on her birthday which fall on July 17th. Emmir had lost her beloved father before she was borned. Life must go on girl... Happy Birthday! May Emmir and family be blessed by the Al-Mighty Allah.
Monday, August 4, 2008
Prepared for En KK and En Johan in the office. Made of Buttercake and topped with buttercream in yellow and green apple. Simple as it was for our gentlemen.
- 3 cawan tepung kek
- 1/2 sudu teh baking soda
- 1 sudu teh baking powder
- 1 sudu teh garam
- 1 cawan mentega, dilembutkan
- 1 1/2 cawan gula
- 1/2 cawan gula perang (brown sugar)
- 4 biji telur
- 2 sudu teh esen vanilla
- 1 cawan sour cream
- Panaskan ketuhar pada 165 darjah C.
- Sapukan mentega dan tepung pada loyang 10 inci. Ayak tepung, baking powder, baking soda dan garam. Ketepikan.
- Dalam acuan pukul butter, gula dan gula perang sampai kembang.
- Masukkan telur satu persatu dan pukul lagi hingga kembang. Masukkan juga vanilla.
- Masukkan tepung dan juga sour cream dan gaul hingga sebati.
- Tuangkan adonan dalam loyang dan bakar selama 75 minit atau sehingga kek masak.
Another menu that I brought to RNet Gathering 08 - I call it Sardine Tartlets. Originally, tuna was used as filling. Looking into market price nowdays and to be more economically budget, I changed the filling to Mackerel Sardine. The taste... not bad either. The recipe inspired from a magazine.
Crust Pastry (unsweetened)
Crust Pastry (unsweetened)
- 240 g all purpose flour
- 45 ml cool water
- 150 g cold butter - diced
- pinch of salt
- mix flour and salt. rub in the flour and butter to become breadcrumbs
- add in cool water and fold till well mix and turn to dough. aside for 15 minutes.
- roll out the dough and press into tart mould. poke the base with fork.
- bake till done. keep in airtight container will last longer.
- 1 big can of mackerel sardine - drained and crushed
- 1/2 big onion - diced or chopped
- 1/2 inch ginger - finely chopped
- enough mayonnaise
- sliced red chillies and chopped spring onion for garnishing
- mix crushed mackerel, onion and ginger in a heated pan untill the water dessolved. aside to cool. mix well with mayonnaise before place them into tart shell.
Actually ordered by an office colleague but somehow, "something had gone wrong somewhere" it was cancelled after everything is ready to deliver. Luckyly, RNet had its annual gathering the next day, I just brought them to the party.
Chocolate Moist Cupcakes with Butter Icing & sugar paste flower.
This should be posted here few weeks ago. I was pretty busy with my own errands and sometime needed to fulfill orders, it's been delayed till now.
Here... for your eyes only. Very simple decoration, as you can see, an 1/2 kg Chocolate Moist with chocolate fudge ordered by an office colleague just to enjoy the chocolatey herself. Only cost you RM30.
The cake recipe is already posted in this blog. Keep on digging...